Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Quotes I am pondering this day...

This is a summer of reflection and (hopefully) reconnection.  Using an assortment of methods, including online journaling classes, summer writing courses, and a myriad of spiritual writing books, I am slowly rediscovering life.

And while I have no earth-shattering experiences to share today, I thought it might be beneficial to record some thought-provoking quotes I have read while working my way through The Artist's Way.  Perhaps you might enjoy them as well.

We will discover the nature of our particular genius when we stop trying to conform to our own or to other peoples' models, learn to be ourselves, and allow our natural channel to open up.   --- Shakti Gawain

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.  --- Albert Camus

There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.  And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.  --- Martha Graham

Look and you will find it --- what is unsought will go undetected.  --- Sophocles

Often people attempt to live their lives backwards:  they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier.  The way it actually works is the reverse.  You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.  --- Margaret Young

No comments:

Post a Comment