Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Writing: A Gift to Myself

I was in the bookstore the other day (my favorite relaxing spot...) and found the most exquisite leather journal.... with a price tag to match.  I typically use the Moleskine ruled Volant notebooks, and even then I try to purchase with a coupon.  But this journal continued to beckon me.  I am sure I picked it up and put it down half a dozen times, but I could not bring myself to make the purchase.

And then.... I looked through my wallet and happened across an unused gift card from a kind student.  It was the perfect gift to celebrate the end of an academic year... and the beginning of a literary summer.

The rich brown leather is soft and supple;
It is the perfect size to carry and feels at home in the palm of my hand;
The embossed letter on the front (dated 1896) is the perfect adornment.

The leather tie not only keeps the book tightly closed,
but it provides the perfect place to store my journaling pen.

Handcrafted in Florence, Italy.... bellisimo

The pages lie relatively flat for easy journaling,
and the lines are the perfect narrow width for me.

1 comment: